We put all of the best black college resources together in one spot. Whether you’re a high school student deciding on an black college, a full time student on the campus of an HBCU, a recent graduated embarking on your professional career or HBCU alumni looking to stay connected to the black college experience — we’ve got you covered.
Our collection of black college resources is a go-to for helpful information on everything, from college planning to admissions, campus life to scholarships and dorm living to Greek life and alumni giving. Check back often for the latest tools, tips, and tricks for you to making the most of all things black college living.
MOST RECOMMENDED COLLEGE RESOURCES
- List of HBCUs by State – Use this comprehensive list of HBCUs by state to find which historically black colleges and universities are near you.
- 101 HBCU Scholarships: Find Money For College Today – Check here for all the help you need finding HBCU scholarships to cover tuition.
- Get Top HBCU Rankings News – Get the insider knowledge on which HBCUs are the most elite in your field of pursuit.
- Common Application for Black Colleges: Apply for 37 HBCUs – Save time and money with EDUInc.’s Common Application – 37 HBCUs in 10 minutes for $35.
- FAFSA Application: Success Tips for Requesting Financial Aid – If you are going to college one of the first steps you should take is to begin your FAFSA application.
- 10 Ways to Successfully Apply for College Scholarships – Here are 10 ways you can improve your odds of being awarded cash for college.
- Research Paper Topics: 50 Ideas to Get Started – Here are some tips and suggestions on how you can choose the best research paper topics.
- 8 Best Online Research Paper Resources for College Students – This list of resources provides a wealth of information to get any good college research paper off the ground.
- How to Pick the Best Fraternity or Sorority…for YOU – Essential tips for college students considering joining a Greek letter organization.
COLLEGE RESOURCES FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
College Admission: Pointers for Getting Into College and Succeeding
- College Admissions FAQ – Get answers to frequently asked questions on to college admissions for college bound students.
- What Colleges are Looking for in Student Applications? – The answer varies from one school to the next. See our checklist to increase your chances.
- 7 Signs to Beware of Financial Aid Scammers and Tricksters – There are a lot of scams that promise to get you the money you need for your college education, only to try to take money from you.
- Tips for Test Taking: When to Schedule ACT and SAT Tests – Here are some tips for test taking that will help you figure out the best time for planning your SAT and ACT.
- Tips for Staying Motivated in Your Senior Year in High School – Here are some ways to avoid losing motivation just when you’re about to graduate.
- A Guide To Write Good College Admission Essay – The college admission essay could mean a make-or-break situation for students getting into college.
- Students: Be Careful What You Say On Social Media – Find out why colleges and companies now check out applicants’ social profiles.
Heading to a Black College: Planning Tips and More
- Senior Year Checklist for High School Students – Use this list throughout the year to get you organized and stay on track for college.
- The Different Types of Colleges Explained – There are different types of colleges out there and this article explains some of them. Read on and find out how they differ from one another.
- 3 Things to Look For During Your College Visit – A college visit is the chance to find out about the vibe of the school, and if it is the best one for you.
- 3 Tips for Attending College Fairs – College fairs are similar to trade fairs, where there are booths all over the place and people from all walks of life walking around.
- Choosing a College Far Away from Home: Pros and Cons – Deciding to move far away or to stay close to home can be a tough decision when choosing a college.
- Freshmen Advice: How to Cope With Pre-College Stress – How to handle the awkward adjustment time between leaving home and entering college?
- 7 Things to Do Before You Go to College – Here are our top 7 things to do before you go to college to make your transition as easy as possible.
COLLEGE RESOURCES FOR HBCU STUDENTS
- Academic Advisor: How to Maximize Your Appointment – Academic advising plays an important role in supporting student learning on a college campus.
- Freshman Advice for Sharing Rooms and Bathrooms – Sharing living spaces can be very difficult when you are living with one or several other people you don’t know.
- 5 Ways to Survive a Group Project in College – Helpful tips for managing the dynamics inside of a group project and achieving positive experience.
- Moving Off Campus: Finding Your First College Apartment – Start a search for finding your first college apartment? You can follow these five guidelines to success.
- College Networking: Tips for Leveraging Your Contacts – Collecting contacts is one thing, but leveraging your relationships takes cultivation.
- The Divine 9: Sororities and Fraternities on HBCU Campuses – If you’re considering greek life on a HBCU campus, here is a list of black greek letter organizations.
- Why Some College Students Drop Out of College – Key reasons why some students just leave college and all the efforts put into getting them there.
- 5 Great Freelance Jobs for College Students – Freelancing allows students to have more control over their time and income.
- Dorm Room Ideas for Your Creative College Students – Check out these dorm room ideas for expressing yourself through art and design.
- Essential Resources for HBCU Students Looking to Study Abroad – This article provides information on HBCU Study broad Programs and more.
COLLEGE RESOURCES FOR RECENT GRADUATES
- 5 Golden Rules of Entry Level Resume Writing – Maximize the impact of your entry level resume with these great tips.
- First Job Interview: 3 Must Know Tips – Follow these guidelines to ensure your best chances of gaining that job offer.
- 10 Websites for College Students to Find Jobs and Internships – Top rated sites where you can find the best jobs and internships based on your chosen career.
- 4 Reasons to Join a Professional Association after College – Learn why joining a professional organization can be one of the best investments of your career.
- 6 Things You Can Do To Get Better At Public Speaking – Public speaking is stressful for many people, but it does not have to be.
- Post College Depression: Tips for Transitioning to the ‘Real World’ – College is over and you have a degree but you are not as happy as you expected to be.
- Career Placement Tips for Recent Graduates – Smart individuals who know how to properly present themselves and leverage their resources land that first job.
- How to Use LinkedIn’s Skills Category to Show Off Your Talents – Even if you are a college student, you can use LinkedIn to tell future employers about yourself.
COLLEGE RESOURCES FOR HBCU ALUMNI
- Homecoming 2014 Football Schedule for HBCUs – See our list of Homecoming games for all of the Black college Football conferences.
- 2014 HBCU Classics Football Schedule – See the 2014 HBCU Classics football schedule that begins on Labor Day weekend and ends in November.
- Top Websites to Shop Online For HBCU Alumni Apparel – Shopping online for your HBCU alumni apparel is made easier and faster with these websites.
- College Homecoming Event Ideas for Alumni – Here are some homecoming event ideas to make your alumni homecoming memorable.
- For Us By Us: Creative HBCU T-Shirts Designed by Alumni – Check out the high quality HBCU T-shirts and other apparel in these online stores that support HBCUs.
- HBCU Alumni: Let’s Stop Being Reactive About Giving Back – Why as HBCU alumni do we wait until the doors are about to close before stepping-up and giving back?