The Entertainment Industry College Outreach Program (EICOP) has announced its “HBCU in LA Internship Program” application is now open for Summer 2019.
EICOP is looking for the best and brightest diverse student leaders to participate in their historic program. It is for both undergraduate and graduate students from HBCUs and other predominately minority serving institutions.
This highly competitive program is open to students of all majors with a genuine interest and passion to pursue a career in the entertainment, media and communication industry. Students accepted into the program will be immersed in an 8-10 week paid intensive internship experience working behind the scenes with major studios, networks, agencies and other industry organizations. This is a multi-major reach program is open, but not limited, to the following majors:
- Communications/Broadcast Journalism
- Animation & Digital and others
Internship Eligible Institutions
- Historically Black Colleges & Universities
- Predominately Minority Serving Institution
- Predominately Black Institutions
- Hispanic Serving Institutions
- College Students transferring from a community college to a four-year HBCU or PMI may also apply
How to Apply for HBCU in LA Internship
To get started you will need to first create a Student Sign Up account to access the student internship application:
- Answer the questions and click Sign Up.
- Check your email for the confirmation message with a private link to access the account you created.
- Follow this link and fill out all four tabs to complete your application. When you are done, click SAVE (There is no submit button).
- Review all guidelines and rules before completing your application.
- You have the option to modify your application as many times as needed during the application period.
Internship Selection Process
Finalists will be notified by the end of April and will be asked to submit a two-minute video supporting their interest to participate in the program. Once finalists are chosen they will upload their video via YouTube, Vimeo or a publicly shared Dropbox folder. Private videos and broken links will be disqualified.
Application Closes: January 6, 2019 / 11:59pm PST
Visit the HBCU in LA Internship Program Eligibility and Rules for more information.
EICOP’s HBCU in LA Internship Program is designed to complement and enhance students’ educational experience by opening Hollywood’s doors for an invaluable internship experience to develop students both personally and professionally in order to leverage opportunities that can lead to employment upon graduation.