Listen to the podcast
In this episode I share college quick tips from our blog to help students successfully apply for college scholarships. Our featured guest is Tokiwa Smith. Tokiwa is a graduate of Florida A&M University (FAMU) where she majored in chemical engineering. After graduating from FAMU in 2001, Tokiwa decided not pursue the traditional career path of a chemical engineer, but instead she pursued a path that would make a difference in the lives of others.
In 2005 Tokiwa became the Founder and Executive Director of Science, Engineering and Mathematics Link Inc. (SEM Link), SEM Link is a national nonprofit organization that began at a middle school in Atlanta, GA. The organization’s premise is: “In order for students to academically achieve in math and science – we have to get them connected to the STEM community.”
Subscribe to the podcast
- Subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or via RSS. Be sure to rate the podcast and leave a comment on iTunes.
Download the podcast
- Right click and do “save as” to download the audio file to your computer.
Items Mentioned in this Episode
- Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs (New Rules Social Media Series)
- Article: 10 Ways to Successfully Apply for College Scholarships
- SEM Link’s website: www.semsuccess.org
- Email Tokiwa Smith at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twittter: www.twitter.com/semlink
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/semlinkinc
- SEM Link’s resource page: http://www.semsuccess.org/resources.html
Tokiwa’s Recommended STEM Resources
- United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Outlook Handbook: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/home.htm
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA):http://www.osha.gov/
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): www.epa.gov/
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA): www.nasa.gov/
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA): www.noaa.gov/