Listen to the podcast
In this episode I share college quick tips from our blog to help students manage the stress of returning home for the holidays. I also discuss one of the 5 ways to survive a group project in college. Our featured guest is Shonda Goward. Shonda is a living testament to what a first generation college student can become.
Currently, Shonda is working hard on her Doctorate degree in Education Administration. In addition to working on her PhD, she works full time at the George Washington University in Washington, DC where she serves as a Sr. Academic Advisor and Lecturer in Writing, when she’s not doing that – you can find her teaching at a local community college. With all that on her plate – she still finds time to run an organization called First Generation University. A program dedicated to assisting first generation and non-traditional students not only get into college, and more importantly get out of college!
Subscribe to the podcast
- Subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or via RSS. Be sure to rate the podcast and leave a comment on iTunes.
Download the podcast
- Right click and do “save as” to download the audio file to your computer.
Items Mentioned in this Episode:
- “Clean Slate Approach” from episode 3 show notes — The HBCU Experience with Dr Tia CM Tyree
- Article: Home for the Holidays: How to Handle the Stress of Returning Home From College
- Article: 5 Ways to Survive a Group Project in College
- First Generation University Website
- First Generation University on Twitter and Facebook
- Email Shonda Goward at: email@example.com