Welcome to episode 8 of the HBCU Lifestyle podcast. In this episode’s college quick tips section I share 10 Ways to Maximize Your Internship Experience. Followed by our featured guest Eddie Francis. Eddie is a speaker, public speaking coach and public relations/marketing professional. He is the author and presenter of the Black Greek Success Program, which is designed to give college students in the Black Greek System a map for career success using their unique skills as members of fraternities and sororities. Eddie uses his experience as a former employee of Monster.com, his leadership experience as a Black Greek, and his knowledge of public relations and marketing to help collegiate Greeks understand how to position themselves for prime career opportunities. His entertaining delivery is backed by a public speaking career that began in 1987, a radio career, and even a stint as a stand-up comedian. Eddie resides in Dallas, Texas where he serves as the Director of Communications at Paul Quinn College.
Listen to the podcast
Subscribe to the podcast
- Subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or via RSS. Be sure to rate the podcast and leave a comment on iTunes.
Download the podcast
- Right click and do “save as” to download the audio file to your computer.
Items Mentioned in this Episode:
- Martin Luther King’s “Letter from Birmingham Jail” Essay
- Article: HOPE Dealer Spotlight: Garrick Gibson of HBCU Lifestyle
- Follow Garrick’s journey in the WE RUN JAX health and fitness competition on facebook
- Article: 10 Ways to Maximize your Internship Experience
Eddie Francis’ Links
- Website: Eddiefrancis.com
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/eddiefrancisunscripted
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/eddiefrancis
- YouTube: http://youtube.com/augustus06
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/eddiefrancis
- St. Augustine High School: http://purpleknights.com
Eddie Francis’ Recommended Greek Resources
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC): http://www.nphchq.org
- Article: How to pick the best fraternity or sorority…for YOU
- The Divine Nine: The History of African American Fraternities and Sororities by Lawrence C. Ross Jr.
- Black Greek 101: The Culture, Customs, and Challenges of Black Fraternities and Soroities by Dr. Walter M. Kimbrough
- Black Haze: Violence, Sacrifice, and Manhood in Black Greek-Letter Fraternities by Ricky L. Jones