Shayla Price has always loved writing and now it is her career. Before she dove into the lucrative waters of business-to-business (B2B) content marketing, however, Shayla grabbed national attention for paying for her college education before she even started taking classes. As a senior at Thibodaux High School in Louisiana, the two-time alumna of Southern University earned over $100,000 in scholarships. Not only did she pay her undergraduate tuition and fees in full but she earned more scholarship money to pay for her J.D. from Southern. That is how she became affectionately known as “The Scholarship Queen” among other monikers.
Her path to becoming a B2B content marketer was paved by blogging while in college. While her friends enjoyed college life the way most students do, Shayla invested hours into her side hustle as a blogger for a college website. She joined the HBCU Lifestyle Podcast to talk about her path and how much of a difference great writing can make in one’s career.
The Southernite’s work can be seen in many places on the web. Shayla has written for a myriad of websites including Entrepreneur, The Huffington Post, Search Engine Journal, Shopify Plus, Marketing Insider Group, and LinkedIn.
Connect with Shayla Price
You can connect with Shayla on Twitter or LinkedIn.
Thank you for listening
- Subscribe: Get the latest episodes of the podcast on iTunes or via our RSS feed from Podbean.com. If you enjoyed this episode, visit iTunes and give us a positive rating and review. It helps this show greatly.
- Comment: Do you have feedback on this episode or the show in general? Leave us a note at the bottom of the page.
- Share: If you think this episode is worth sharing, please use the social media buttons on the page to post to Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Download the podcast
- Download the MP3 audio file to your local machine (right click and save)
- Today’s episode is brought to you by The HBCU Shop. Visit the HBCU Shop today and get yourself an original HBCU T-shirt or hoodie to show off at your next alumni event. Go to hbculifestyle.com/shop and find GREAT gifts for the black college student or graduate in your life.