It’s that time of year — back to school! For incoming college freshmen, however, this is a completely new chapter. Episode 37 of the HBCU Lifestyle Podcast focuses on that special group of students who have chosen HBCUs as their landing spots for higher education. To give us some perspective on how students and parents — especially those from under-resourced communities — deal with this major step, the HBCU Lifestyle Podcast invited an education leader to be our guest.
About today’s guest
Dr. Vera Triplett is the founder and CEO of Noble Minds Institute for Whole Child Learning. Having begun her career as a middle and high school English teacher, she is a former Deputy Superintendent of the Louisiana Recovery School District and had also served as the COO and CEO of a New Orleans charter school management organization. Dr. Triplett has worked at a cross section of education, mental health, and juvenile justice for over 20 years. She serves on numerous boards including the Greater New Orleans Foundation Board, the Parkway Partners Board, the Junior Achievement Board, the International High School Board, and the Operation Spark Board where she serves as chair. Dr. Triplett also serves as a mentor for the Soledad O’Brien and Brad Raymond Starfish Foundation.
Dr. Triplett earned her undergraduate degree in English Education from Southern University at New Orleans. She later earned her master’s degree in School/Community Counseling and Ph.D. in Counselor Education from the University of New Orleans.
Connect with Dr. Vera Triplett on Twitter.
Thank you for listening
- Subscribe: Get the latest episodes of the podcast on iTunes or via our RSS feed from Podbean.com. If you enjoyed this episode, go on iTunes and give us a positive rating and review. It helps this show greatly.
- Comment: Do you have feedback on this episode or the show in general? Leave us a note at the bottom of the page.
- Share: If you think this episode is worth sharing, please use the social media buttons on the page to post to Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Download the podcast
- Download the MP3 audio file to your local machine (right click and save)
- This podcast is brought to you by the Podbean Podcast App. The Podbean Podcast App is the best app for mobile podcast publishing. You can record and publish podcasts right from your phone…great for educational purposes and sharing your message on-the-go. Get the Podbean Podcast App now on the App Store or Google Play, it’s free.