Welcome to episode 9 of the HBCU Lifestyle podcast. In this episode’s college quick tips section I share 4 Ways to Get a Good Night’s Sleep in College. Followed by our featured guest Abigail Seldin. Abigail is the Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder of College Abacus. College Abacus helps students and families learn how much financial aid to expect from different schools, based on individual student circumstances, before students apply or any financial aid determination is made. Before launching College Abacus, Abigail graduated with both a Bachelors and Masters degree in Anthropology from the University of Pennsylvania in 2009. During this time she became the first undergraduate to curate an exhibit at the University’s Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology. She was also one of 32 students in the U.S. to win the prestigious Rhodes Scholarship to study at England’s Oxford University. She is currently pursuing a doctorate in social anthropology at Oxford and expects to complete her thesis later this year.
Listen to the podcast
Subscribe to the podcast
- Subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or via RSS. Be sure to rate the podcast and leave a comment on iTunes.
Download the podcast
- Right click and do “save as” to download the audio file to your computer.
Items Mentioned in this Episode:
- Article: 4 Ways to Get a Good Night’s Sleep in College
- Financial Aid & Fiction: Akeelah and the Bee (2006) – Akeelah’s Search for Financial Aid at a Historically Black College or University
- Article: Drumline (2002): Devon’s Financial Aid Packages at Real HBCUs
Abigail Seldin’s Links
- Website: Collegeabacus.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CollegeAbacus
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CollegeAbacus