The Tom Joyner Foundation (TJF) launched a new scholarship for fine arts scholars at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
The TJF Fine Arts Scholarships Program will provide two (2) deserving students at HBCUs a $1,000 scholarship from the Foundation. The program is funded with money from a portion of the proceeds from the art sales on the 2014 Tom Joyner Foundation Fantastic Voyage.
TJF Fine Arts Scholarship Program
- Applications may be submitted starting April 3rd, 2014 on the TJMF website: http://tomjoynerfoundation.org/tom-joyner-foundation-launches
- Funds will be awarded for the 2014 fall semester. Winners are expected to be announced May 15, 2014.
- The scholarship deadline is May 3, 2014.
TJF Fine Arts Scholarship Requirements
- Applicants must be full-time students in good academic standing at HBCUs who are majoring in art, fine arts or art education to be eligible to apply.
- Students must submit a 250 word- essay on, “How Art Can Make A Difference In All Communities?”
- In addition, students who are visual arts majors must submit a link to a sample of one piece of their artwork or photography via an attached photo. Please include the name of the piece, the inspiration behind the work and if a painting or sketch the medium.