When you are in college you’ll realize just how hectic your life is. You have to juggle your time between school and your personal life. If you don’t know how to manage your time well chances are you’ll end up in troubled waters. So before things get out of hand, follow these 7 work-life balance tips for college students:
- Set your goals – get a pen and paper. List down your goals in life. Identify your short term and long term goals. This will serve as one of your guides in ensuring you maintain balance in your day to day life.
- Prioritize – you’ll never be able to set the right goals if you don’t set your priorities straight. Try asking yourself what you really need to do according to importance. Give utmost priority to those that need your immediate attention.
- Make a schedule – you can spend your time wisely by making a schedule and sticking to it. Put it in a place where you can see it often so you’ll always be reminded. Include a specific time for studying, doing chores, and hanging out. If you have a part time job you should also take into consideration your working hours when making your schedule.
- Take time – there are times when you feel like you don’t have enough time to do this and that. This is because you never take the time to do them in the first place. No matter how busy you get, it’s vital to squeeze into your schedule those important tasks that suddenly come up and must be done immediately.
- Never procrastinate – if it is your habit to procrastinate it’s time to say goodbye to it. Procrastination can only lead to stress and poor performance. This is why you have to do your assigned tasks once you have the free time.
- Plan ahead – you can never tell what will happen in the future but planning ahead of time won’t hurt at al. In fact, it can help you manage your time more wisely. At least you already have in mind what you will do and in case something comes up, you can still make the necessary changes in your plans.
- Relax – don’t be too hard on yourself or else you’ll never get to enjoy everything life has to offer. After accomplishing a task, you can go out with friends, watch a movie, or treat yourself to a trip to the mall. Doing something completely mindless for a change can help your body relax and recharge.
Photo Credit: Voorhees College