Has it been your dream to pursue a career in healthcare, but not sure if you can finance your education? There are many types of scholarships and grants that you can explore in order to reach your dream. One of them is the Tylenol Scholarship Program. For the 24th year, the TYLENOL Future Care Scholarship will provide a total of $250,000 in scholarships to 40 undergraduate or graduate students majoring in health care.
Tylenol Scholarship General Information
McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., the makers of TYLENOL® started the Tylenol Future Care Scholarship Program in 1982 in order to assist students who are aspiring to become healthcare professionals. For the past 24 years, the program has significantly helped students in the medical field complete their education and become successful doctors, surgeons, nurses and health care practitioners.
The Tylenol Future Care Scholarship awards 30 scholarships of $5,000 each and 10 scholarships of $10,000 each. To date, more than $8.9 million in scholarships have been awarded to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing their degrees in health care.
Tylenol Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Applicants for the Tylenol Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Be residents of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, or the District of Columbia
- Must have completed at least one year of undergraduate or graduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or technical school
- Must have one or more years of school remaining.
- Must show exemplary leadership qualities, high academic performance and community involvement.
Applicants will be chosen by an independent selection committee based on the following criteria:
- College GPA
- Leadership qualities
- Community involvement or voluntary service
- Academic records in med school, nursing, pharmacy, health education or public health
- Content of the applicant’s essay
Employees of McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., ISTS, Inc., their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and the families of each are not eligible to apply.
Tylenol Scholarship Application Procedures
- Visit Tylenol.com to learn more.
- Create an account and complete the application.
- Attach documents required and send your application online before June 30, 2014.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts an average of 29% net growth in healthcare jobs until 2020, that will create about 3 million health care jobs. Be a part of this growing industry and assure your success by applying for the Tylenol Scholarship today.