The Summer Transportation Internship Program for Diverse Groups (STIPDG) provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and skills that will complement your academic pursuits. This hands-on program is designed to mentor and cultivate tomorrow’s leaders, strengthen their understanding of the transportation industry and prepare them for future public service opportunities.
The STIPDG is a paid internship program open to all qualified candidates without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE 2014 STIPD Summer Internship
The Summer 2014 STIPDG application period is open beginning October 23, 2013. To apply for this year’s program APPLY HERE, and continue reading for more program details.
Application Deadline: Selections may be made as applications are received, but typically do not occur until the application closes: December 31, 2013.
The 2014 Summer Transportation Internship Program for Diverse Groups (STIPDG) is for students in all majors. To receive full consideration and review, applicants must complete and submit all required information and documents requested online at http://stipdg.e.twc.edu/. Refer any questions or inquiries to:
STIPDG Internship Program
- The Washington Center For Internships and Academic Seminars
- 1333 16th Street, NW
- Washington, DC 20036
or e-mail: DOTSTIPDG@twc.edu
“Required Information” includes:
- 2014 STIPDG Application.
- A copy of your most recent Transcript/Grade Record/Report.
- At least one reference letter (if possible with comments) from a department chair, professor, advisor or employer using the Reference Form included within the online application.
- A current Resume, reflecting work experience, volunteerism, awards, leadership, and extra-curricular activities.
- Applicant’s Area of Interest/Geographical Preference, also included on the site.
- For Undergraduate Students: A typed essay, one-page, double-spaced, minimum 12-point type, on your transportation interests, describing how your participation in the 2014 STIPDG will enhance your educational and career plans and goals.
- For Graduate Students: A writing sample representing your educational and career plans and goals (not to exceed 2 pages).
- For Law Students: A Legal Writing Sample (not to exceed 5 pages).
- Applicants who fail to submit a COMPLETE Online Application by the closing date will not receive full consideration, review, or be forwarded for ultimate selection.
- All applicants are encouraged to mark/identify as many occupations, offices, interests and geographical locations as applicable to your career goals. By marking more than one interest and geographical location, you are increasing your opportunities for placement.
For further information about the 2014 STIPDG, Contact:
Angel Correa, 202-366-2535
get credit says
Thanks for sharing such a good thought, article is pleasant, thats why i
have read it entirely