If you are a student looking for social media internship, you are on the right page. Harlem’s Fashion Row (HFR), New York is seeking an enthusiastic and proactive intern for fall 2014 and spring 2015. Founded in 2007, HFR is an Influential Arts and Entertainment organization that engages audiences and aligns brand partners with emerging designers of color of Fashion. The company specializes in developing and creating content for women through fashion and beauty. Labeled as a lifestyle and media partnership firm, HFR currently works in association with fortune 100 companies and is growing steadily.
Social Media and Digital Media Internship Requirements
The ideal candidate must have a keen interest in marketing, media, fashion, and business with excellent written, oral, and communication skills. Must be professional, visual, and a critical thinker. An active blog and social media engagement is essential. It goes without saying that intern should be able to handle and work well under pressure.
An ideal candidate must have:
- An anticipated degree in Arts or Science, Technology fashion and marketing.
- Previous social media internship or working experience in a creative environment.
- Have a knowledge of digital marketing and social media platforms.
- Have a passion for fashion, beauty, culture, media and entertainment.
- Advanced knowledge of MAC, MS Office Programs (Word, PPT, Excel)
Social Media and Digital Media Internship Roles and Responsibilities
As a social media intern at Harlem’s Fashion Row you would be expected to:
- Research and provide daily reports on current events and happenings within the field of philanthropy, culture, fashion, beauty and style trends.
- Craft relevant social media posts for various platforms daily and analyze their impact weekly. Also, develop strategies to expand social media outreach.
- Perform street style photography and interviews
- Perform research for projects including TV show pitches, product trends, event appearances and more.
- Assist the team in preparing for photo shoots, public appearances and TV segments.
- Assist in development of trend reports and storyborads.
- Do general office and administrative work.
- Travel throughout New York area if needed.
- Work for 15-20 hours per week
Compensation and Benefits
Fall 2014 interns would be eligible to receive a weekly stipend only if school credit is not available. Whereas, spring 2015 interns must be able to receive classroom credit. Both the interns will be eligible for a travel stipend.
How to Apply For Social Media Internship at Harlem’s Fashion Row?
Submit your resume along with a cover letter and three references to email@example.com. Include writing samples if any.