Although the Foundation looks at academic excellence as its top criteria for eligibility, it also considers other socio-economic factors and the applicant’s other qualities such as leadership and participation in community service. The Shawn Carter Scholarship candidates come from all backgrounds from different parts of the country. Any one who has the desire to pursue higher education and is willing to work hard to achieve his or her academic goals can apply for this scholarship grant.
Shawn Carter Scholarship Details
The Shawn Carter Scholarship Foundation provides grants ranging from $1,500 to $2,500 for every student who qualifies. Scholars who reapply every year will receive financial support from college admission to graduation. The grants may be used to pay for tuition fees, books, lab fees, food and travel expenses. The Shawn Carter scholars are expected to give back to their communities through community service or by mentoring younger students who may later on be future Shawn Carter scholars.
Application starts on April 1st and ends on April 30th (11:59PM EST) To apply, please visit the scholarship application page.
All high school seniors, undergrad college students (2nd year or 4th year), GED diploma holders, students at vocational or trade schools who meet the following requirements are eligible:
- High school seniors, students with GED diplomas, undergraduate (2 year or 4 year) college students, and students at vocational or trade schools
- US citizen or Permanent Resident
- 25 years old or younger
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
How To Qualify
- Get your application done early and submit the application form and your documents on time.
- Write an essay explaining why you deserve the scholarship. Share your extra-curricular activities and specify details that can help them see that you are an exceptional student. Let them know about your long-range plans. Make sure your essay is clear of grammar and spelling errors.
- Although a photograph is optional, if you do decide to send one, send a head shot from the shoulders up.
For more information on this scholarship opportunity, visit the SC Foundation website.