Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
The NBA is passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, they deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Event Interns will job shadow a Manager/Mentor in a specific department and be introduced to other key members of the department for shadowing opportunities. They will also take part in various professional development opportunities throughout the week while learning what role their department plays in producing events/programs for All-Star Weekend.
Departments that will have an Event Intern are: Corporate Services, LP&E, SRPP, League Operations, Player Development, Content, Communications, DTC, Media Ops & Technology, GP&M, Events and Creative Services.
Event Interns may be asked to assist with various projects while onsite.
All roles require high level of professionalism and ability to be flexible, organized as well as the ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Corporate Services: Production/Production Management interest.
- LP&E: Stage management, live-game support experience a plus.
- SRPP: General knowledge of current and former players, experience planning youth basketball clinics or camps a plus.
- League Operations : Analytical thinker and problem solver. Venue operations a plus.
- Player Development : Social Media branding and marketing, digital asset creation, project management experience in events.
- Content: Production of visual content, Social Media creation.
- Communications: Pursuing a degree in Communications, Journalism or Events, skilled writer.
- DTC: Tech savvy, customer support experience and a problem-solver.
- GP&M: Working with partner activations. Must be personable and a team player.
- Events: Prior event experience via school or previous internships, detail-oriented and a team player.
- Creative Services: Creative nature and a team player.
Current HBCU Student: Rising seniors (Class of 2024), rising juniors (Class of 2025) or enrolled in a graduate program at an HBCU.
$23 per hour.
All-Star 2023 will be held in Salt Lake City, Utah. Dates for this assignment are February 14th – 20th, 2023.
Applicants are Considered For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
JOB SEGMENT: Event Marketing, Project Manager, Branding, Intern, Marketing, Customer Service, Technology, Entry Level
For more information or to apply for this internship visit the following link:
Health and safety
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having received a booster when eligible. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
About the National Basketball Association (NBA)
As a global sports and media business, the National Basketball Association (NBA) is driven by data, technology, and creativity. From streaming live entertainment and games, to emerging technology and data analytics, to marketing, media production and more, you’ll find your growth opportunity.
Whatever your passion, there’s a place for top professionals at the NBA.