Of all the great things the Internet has brought students, making it easier to find money for college is among the most valuable. There are thousands of scholarships out there to help you pay for your education. HBCU Lifestyle has compiled some of the most important resources to help you.
Whether you’re looking for grants, searching for financial aid advice or are at the start of scholarships research, this resource is sure to help you find money for college that much faster. Visit each of the sites below and check back often – we update this resource frequently.
- www.ed.gov/thinkcollege : College, careers and tips on preparing for college early
- www.thinkcollegeearly.org: Choosing, applying, and paying for college and the value of higher education.
- www.finaid.org: Paying for college and how to find scholarships that match special interests.
- www.gocolleges.com: Search for colleges and scholarships and get information on the SAT and ACT for students.
- www.College.gov: How to apply to, attend, and graduate from college.
- www.nces.ed.gov/ipeds/cool: Allows students to search for more than 7,000 colleges and universities by name, location, etc.
- www.collegeboard.com: Information on various careers and how to prepare for them
- www.mapping-your-future.org: How students can choose careers and colleges and pay for them.
- www.wiredscholar.com: Planning educational goals, the college admissions process, and paying for college and finding financial aid.
- www.goarmy.com/rotc: Army ROTC
- www.afrotc.com: Air Force ROTC
- www.nrotc.navy.mil: Navy ROTC
- www.GIBill.va.gov: Post 9/11; Montgomery GI Bill
- www.Legion.org/scholarships: American Legion
- www.amvets.org/scholarships: AMVETS
- www.dav.org: Disabled American Veterans
- www.pva.org: Paralyzed Veterans of America
- www.vfw.org: Veterans of Foreign Wars
- www.vva.org/scholarship.html: Vietnam Veterans of America
- www.studentaid.gov: U. S. Department of Education Grants
Calculating College Costs
- www.consumerfinance.gov: College Cost Comparison Worksheet (Beta)