If you are a high school senior and a student-athlete with hopes of continuing your athletic career in college…“you must register” to be NCAA eligible. You must register with the governing body of all college athletics. That would be the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
The NCAA’s registration process determines whether you are eligible to participate at the college level. Eligibility is largely based on grade point average and to a certain degree social issues (i. e. criminal misconduct).
How to get registered
Registration for NCAA eligibility is done on-line at the NCAA Eligibility Center. The website is easy to navigate. It asks a lot of questions about your personal and academic background. You will be able to select a PIN number for permanent use to re-enter the website for adjustments or additions to information already inputted.
6 Tips to help you successfully become NCAA eligible and make the transition to college sports:
1. Initiate the registration process early.
2. Contact your guidance counselor for testing dates for the SAT/ACT exams.
3. Maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average.
4. Make sure you have met or will meet all requirements for graduation.
5. Avoid any and all conduct issues.
6. Do not accept any money or gifts from college recruiters
It is important to know that you will not receive any offers for athletic participation and/or scholarships until you have successfully registered with the NCAA!