H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College is a community college in Montgomery, Alabama. H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College is an associate degree-granting institution with the mission to provide accessible educational opportunities, including credit and non-credit courses and certificates, for career preparation, advancement, and life-long learning as well as to promote economic growth and enhance the quality of life for residents of Central Alabama. The College is part of the Alabama Community College System (ACCS), a statewide system of postsecondary colleges, governed by the Alabama Board of Education.
[messagebox title=”University Profile”]
1225 Air Base Blvd, Montgomery, Alabama 36108-3199
Phone: (334) 420-4200
Type: 2-year, Public
Less than one year certificate
One but less than two years certificate
Campus housing: No
Student population: 1,758 (all undergraduate)
Student-to-faculty ratio: 13 to 1
- H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College was created through the consolidation of John M. Patterson State Technical College (founded 1961) with H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College (founded 1963).
- On April 27, 2000, the Alabama State Board of Education, upon the recommendation of the Chancellor of Postsecondary Education, approved the intent to merge.
- On April 26, 2001 the Alabama State Board of Education voted to name the newly created entity H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College.
- Full-Time Student Population: 1,032
- Part-Time Student Population: 626
- 58% Men, 42% Women
- Full-Time Faculty: 76
- Female Faculty: 55%
- Male Faculty: 45%
- Faculty Diversity: African American: 49%, Asian American: 4%, White: 45%, Unknown: 3%
Trenholm State has 29 programs of study. Our offerings relate to the academic, health technologies, and technical categories. These diverse choices range from Apparel and Design, Therapeutic Massage to the forthcoming Automotive Manufacturing Technology. These programs meet the demands of the Central Alabama region and beyond. We offer invaluable hands-on training from a team of experienced instructors. In addition to Associate Degree yielding programs, we have Continuing Education and Adult Education, of which is one of the more reputable in the state. Our programs are available to the right.
- H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College’s Adult Education Program is one of the best in Alabama’s two-year college system.
- Trenholm offers Adult Education services in Bullock, Elmore, Macon, and Montgomery counties.
- Adult Education classes are available for persons who did not complete high school, or who are functioning below a high school level.
- In addition to basic Adult Education services, eligible individuals interested in getting a job and improving their skills can enroll in the Employment Preparation Services program, commonly known as the Job Opportunities and Basic Skills (JOBS) Program and/or the Ready-to-Work Program.
- The Ready-To-Work Program provides participants with basic skills and competencies that are required for quality employment with most businesses and industries in Alabama.
- Successful completion of this program results in the award of an Alabama Certified Worker Certificate.
Through business, industries, alumni and friends, Trenholm State continues to enhance the success of its students. With the support of friends of the college and alumni we are able to offer scholarships to advance workforce development in the state of Alabama.
Source: H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College