The Tom Joyner Foundation has continued its partnership with Denny’s Corporation this year to support the Denny’s Hungry for Education Scholarship Program. Students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) will be selected and receive up to $2,000 scholarship from Denny’s and the Tom Joyner Foundation. The program is part of Denny’s national initiative to end hunger. The program starts September 1, 2022 and ends December 10, 2022.
Hungry For Education Scholarship Requirements
Any full-time student enrolled in any fully certified HBCU will be eligible for the scholarship. They can apply by filling out an online application form on the Tom Joyner Foundation website. However, the students must fulfill some certain criteria to apply. Here are the requirements:
- Be a full-time enrolled college student at an HBCU (freshman-senior)
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Hold a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 to 4.0
- Previous winners are not eligible
- Students must agree to participate in the program publicity offering and complete a release form as well as submit a headshot, if requested.
How to apply for the scholarship
- Visit the application form on the Denny’s Hungry for Education website: https://www.dennyshungryforeducation.com/scholarships-tjf
- Students will need to provide a 300-word essay (high school) or 500-word essay (college), “How Denny’s can bring their communities together.”
- Once the application, including the form and essay has been completed, press SUBMIT.
The DEADLINE for the application is December 10, 2022.
About the Tom Joyner Foundation
Founded in 1998 by Tom Joyner, the nationally celebrated radio personality, the Tom Joyner Foundation has been working to support the HBCUs since its inception. The Foundation has assisted every HBCU either with scholarships, financial grants, donations, or with capacity building enhancements.
The institution has always been focused on their mission of supporting HBCUs students. It has so far raised $65 million through various means to endorse more than 29,000 students. It also provides deserving students additional supports such as matching grants support, internships, and assistance in career development.
Since 2011, the Foundation has been working with Denny’s Corporation to support Denny’s Hungry for Education Scholarship Program.
About the Denny’s Corporation
Denny’s Corporation is the franchisor and operator of one of America’s largest franchised full-service restaurant chains (based on the number of restaurants). As of June 29, 2022, Denny’s had 1,631 franchised, licensed, and company restaurants around the world—including 154 restaurants in Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the Philippines, New Zealand, Honduras, the United Arab Emirates, Costa Rica, Guam, Guatemala, El Salvador, Indonesia, and the United Kingdom.