This Disney scholarship program administered by UNCF will offer financial aid to high achieving African American students in under-served communities across the nation.
In addition to the financial assistance of up to $1,000, The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program 2015 will offer recipients a range of career building tools which includes mentorship and a career navigator web based platform. It will be launched this fall to provide students with the necessary tools and career information to help them develop the needed skills and navigate the transition from college to early stage careers. The new platform along with the facilitated learning modules will also introduce students to the various career options at Disney, and will give them an opportunity to apply for Disney internships.
Recommended eligibility criteria for Disney Scholarship include:
- Applicants need to be a full time African American freshman enrolled in a four year college or university having a demonstrated financial need
- Applicants must be a U.S citizen, U.S national or a permanent resident
- Preference will be given to students attending Historically Black College or University to ensure 50% of each group are derived from HBCU’s
- Students must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA on a scale of 4.0
- Students must have an interest in pursuing an off-camera career in the entertainment industry.
The application is currently open and closes May 15, 2015. To apply for the program you must submit an application including an essay, transcript, leadership, and accomplishments along with a reference form. Students can find additional information at www.uncf.org/disneyscholars.