IMPORTANT: THIS AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) SETS FORTH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF WWW.HBCU LIFESTYLE.COM , A SERVICE PROVIDED BY HBCU Lifestyle (“HBCU Lifestyle”). PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING THIS SITE AND ANY PAGES THEREOF, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT ACCESS THIS SITE.
HBCU Lifestyle (http://hbculifestyle.com/) is a website that assists the next generation of HBCU students and their families with valuable advice on college admissions, campus life & financial aid resources.
- COPYRIGHTS; TRADEMARKS. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are the property of HBCU Lifestyle and other parties. Users are prohibited from using any Marks without the written permission of HBCU Lifestyle or such third party that may own the Marks. All content on the Site is protected by copyright. Users are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works, or using any content on the Site for commercial or public purposes. You may download materials displayed on the Site solely for your personal, non-commercial use, acknowledging that you are responsible for protecting your information contained in such downloads.
- LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Your access to and use of the Site is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- NO WARRANTIES. THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. HBCU Lifestyle DOES NOT WARRANT EITHER THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR QUALITY OF THE SITE OR THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, SECURITY, OR ACCURACY IS GIVEN WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of any information or other content available through the Site.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL HBCU Lifestyle (OR ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION AND WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE) TO THE USER AND/OR ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE, EVEN IF HBCU Lifestyle HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT WILL HBCU Lifestyle (OR ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, OR INCOMPATIBILITY OF THE SITE NOR LIABLE FOR EVENTS BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF HBCU Lifestyle.
- APPLICATIONS. The Site may contain links to websites or links and/or other connections to applications (including, without limitation, websites, widgets, software, or other software utility) (“Application(s)”). Such Applications may be owned or operated by third parties that are not related to, associated with or sponsored by HBCU Lifestyle. Unless otherwise noted by HBCU Lifestyle on the Site, these Applications are provided solely as a convenience to you, and HBCU Lifestyle is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such Applications. You may choose, at your option and risk, to use an Application and such Application may interact with, connect to or gather and/or pull information from and to your HBCU Lifestyle account. By using such Applications, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
If you use an Application to share information relating to your HBCU Lifestyle account, you are consenting to the information about your account being shared;
Your use of an Application may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with you, even if HBCU Lifestyle has not provided such information;
Your use of an Application is at your own option and risk, and you will hold HBCU Lifestyle harmless for the sharing of information relating to your HBCU Lifestyle account that results from your use of an Application.
- CANCELLATION. HBCU Lifestyle may terminate your use of the Site for any reason at any time.
- CHANGES TO AGREEMENT. HBCU Lifestyle reserves the right to revise this Agreement at any time, and users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by any changes to this Agreement and your use of the Site will further be deemed an acceptance of such revised terms.
- VIOLATIONS OF AGREEMENT. HBCU Lifestyle reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of this Agreement, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Site.
- OTHER LEGAL TERMS
- JURISDICTION. HBCU Lifestyle operates and controls HBCU Lifestyle from its offices in the State of Florida, United States of America. HBCU Lifestyle makes no representation that any information, materials, or functions included on its websites are appropriate for use in any other jurisdiction. If you choose to access the Site from other locations, you do so on your own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with applicable local laws and regulations.
- WAIVER; SEVERABILITY. No provision of this Agreement shall be deemed to be waived and no breach excused unless such waiver or consent is in writing and signed by the party that is claimed to have waived or consented. The exercise of any right or remedy provided in this Agreement shall be without prejudice to the right to exercise any other right or remedy provided by law or equity. In the event any provision of these terms is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions and will be replaced by an enforceable provision that comes the closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision.
- GOVERNING LAW; VENUE. Your access to and use of HBCU Lifestyle and these terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to principles of conflicts and laws. You agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the State of Florida.