In honor of philanthropist John Templeton’s 1997 book Discovering the Laws of Life. His publishing company is releasing a revised commemorative edition of that book entitled The Essential Worldwide Laws of Life and established a scholarship contest. If you are a high school senior in the U.S., take some time to think about why you are in this world. Create a vision for yourself and the world you want to create. Sharing your vision could earn you $5,000.
CONTEST QUICK FACTS:
- Eligibility: High School Seniors
- Entry Deadline: December 31, 2012, 11:59 pm EST
- Website: www.lawsoflifecontest.com
- First prize: $5,000 scholarship and a session with a professional purpose coach
- Second place prize: $3,000 scholarship
- Third place prize: $1,000 scholarship
ESSAY AND VIDEO TOPICS:
Prizes are awarded for both video and essay submissions. Using the steps outlined on the contest website, you are to consider your purpose and answer the following questions:
- How might you fulfill it in the next five years?
- What guiding principles and goals will help you live according to your purpose in the next five years and beyond?
- If you keep your purpose in mind, where do you think you will find yourself in five years?
- Written entries should be between 500 and 1,000 words.
- Video entries should be two minutes or less in length. Entries must be published to one of the major video hosting sites such as YouTube, Dailymotion, or Vimeo.
- To submit video entries, contestants must send a link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your full name, e-mail address, and graduation year.
- For a complete list of rules and to submit your essay online visit www.lawsoflifecontest.com
Source: Templeton Press