UPDATED: This contest runs from March 6th – April 4th
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) has declared March as “I LOVE MY HBCU month” in honor of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). This month-long celebration is a time for everyone, especially students, faculty and alumni to recognize the value of HBCUs, and to work to assure that HBCUs will continue to serve our community.
HBCU Lifestyle is partnering with TMCF to promote school pride among students and alumni by hosting an I LOVE MY HBCU video contest. Share your compelling video testimony in 60 seconds or less, and let the nation know why you love your HBCU. Students and alumni from all HBCUs are eligible to compete for bragging rights for their schools and enter for a chance to win prizes.
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7-Inch Student Edition (White)
- A $200 gift card from Amazon.com
- A I Love My HBCU Prize Pack
- STREET by 50 Cent Wired Over-Ear Headphones (White) by SMS Audio
- A $100 gift card from Amazon.com
- We’re throwing in a bonus giveaway for the best “I Love My HBCU” comment. Tell us why you love your HBCU, and the winning comment will receive a $50 gift card from Amazon. The bonus prize will be announced on April 4, 2014. Leave your comment at the bottom of this page.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Show US some love: “Follow” TMCF on Twitter Follow @TMCF_HBCU
and “Like” HBCU Lifestyle on Facebook too.
- Roll Call: Leave a comment at the bottom of this page, shout out your HBCU, and tell us why you want to enter the contest.
- Complete the registration form: Below you will find the entry for the contest. Be sure to fill in the required fields.
[This contest is closed]
- Create a compelling video testimony that is 60 seconds (or less) that answers the question: “Why do I love my HBCU?”
- Upload your video to your personal YouTube channel between March 6 and March 27, 2014. Share the link to your video with us by visiting our video submission page. This is the only way we accept eligible video entries.
Sorry, “Likes” on your YouTube page don’t count toward the contest, only sharing your link on the video submission page.
CHOOSING THE WINNER
- Once the video submissions period is closed (March 27, 2014 at 11:59 pm EST). All eligible videos will be compiled and reviewed between March 28-31, 2014. The video finalists will be judged by TMCF and HBCU Lifestyle.
The winning videos will be announced on April 4, 2014. Check back here to see if you won.
[Tweet “Read this: Enter the #ILoveMyHBCU Video Contest to win a new tablet and more.”]
Show us your #HBCUpride during the month of March
Join the conversation by using the hashtag, #ILoveMyHBCU and connecting via social media:
- Facebook – Facebook.com/ThurgoodMarshallCollegeFund
- Twitter – @TMCF_HBCU / Twitter.com/TMCF_HBCU
- YouTube – YouTube.com/tmcfTV1
- Instagram – @tmcf_hbcu
For more information on the TMCF National “I Love My HBCU” Month or for participation, marketing materials, etc. visit www.thurgoodmarshallfund.net/ilovemyhbcu.