If you’re interesting in being a guest blogger on our site, please submit your story idea through our contact form. Be sure to include links to 3-4 samples of your work. Here are the additional requirements for guest posts:
Requirements for Guest Bloggers
- Compose your draft post for review on the WordPress dashboard.
- Have a Gravatar. This a profile picture (no logos) that goes besides your name in a blog post or comment.
- Topic should be related to the categories the blog ( i.e. HBCUs, college admissions, college life, careers and financial aid).
- Posts should be your own ORIGINAL work, and not be republished elsewhere on the web.
- Write between 400-500 word blog post. Your content will not be modified without discussing the edits with you.
- Add secondary title, article summary and tags for SEO purposes (below post in WordPress).
- Add a short bio, your website, and twitter id in the WordPress profile.
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- Sign up to get our HBCU College Tips email. Use “Get Latest Updates” form in the sidebar.
- Respond to your guest post comments in an timely manner.
Benefits for guest bloggers and contributors
- Increase your reach by gaining new readers and connecting with our audience and followers.
- Expand your brand, online presence and grow your reputation in your niche.
Do you think our blog is a match for you? Contact us today with your story ideas by using our contact form.