The Go Red scholarship supports higher inclusion of multicultural women in the healthcare and nursing industries, addresses essential gaps in the treatment, and ensures that all American women of diverse backgrounds have an opportunity to work with their medical providers to make the best choices that lead to overall good health.
Sponsored by Macy’s and supported by American Heart Association, the scholarship program aims to reduce the financial burden by offering sixteen $2,500 tuition focused scholarships and increase the number of underrepresented minority women in medicine. For the fourth consecutive year, partners are offering the financial aid to women pursing undergraduate or graduate degrees in the health care fields.
Qualifications Required for the Go Red Scholarship
To apply, applicants must:
- Be a female African-American, Hispanic, Asian/Pacific Islander or other minority origin
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the continental United States, including Alaska and Hawaii
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited university, college or allied health institution in the United States and plan to be enrolled in the Fall of 2015
- Have a minimum of 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Submit an original essay, two letters of recommendation, a community involvement description, and transcripts along with the application
How to apply for the Go Red Scholarship
You can apply online at Go Red Multicultural Scholarship Fund website by creating a login id and filling out the application form.
The deadline to apply for 2015 scholarship is December, 31, 2014