Starting August 13, 2012, the non-profit 20 Million Minds Foundation (20MM) will be offering thousands of scholarship dollars to college students with the goal of directing them to cheaper textbook-buying options. 20MM will give away more than 50 scholarships to student winners of the 2012 Fall “Textbook Price Comparison Challenge.” The contest is aimed at incentivizing students to skip the old, tired, but convenient walk to the overpriced bookstore.
CONTEST QUICK FACTS:
- Eligibility: College Students
- Entry Deadline: October 13, 2012
- Website Link: 20 Million Minds Foundation
- Grand prize: $1,000 (1 lucky winner)
- First prize: $100 scholarship (50 winners)
- Log in using Facebook or using your email for a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship that will pay for your books.
- Use the price comparison tool to see how much you can save over the campus bookstore.
- See how much money you saved. Post your savings on Facebook and tell your friends how to win!
- Students must sign in using a valid email address or Facebook login through the 20mm.org sweepstakes page.
- Students must then use the textbook price comparison tool to search for their own books and calculate how much they could save by skipping the campus bookstore.
- Students can earn extra entries by posting their savings on 20MM Facebook page, becoming a 20MM Facebook fan, and providing a link to social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook or blogs to help spread the word about the challenge and their own personal textbook savings.
- For a complete list of rules and to submit your entry online visit the 20mm.org sweepstakes page.
Source: Twenty Million Minds Foundation