About the Dell Scholarship
Dell Scholarship is a need-based scholarship rather than a merit-based one. It does require the applicants to have a minimum 3.0 GPA out of 4.0 but the requirement is only a way to reach the academically prepared and college ready students who have financial needs. The Foundation helps underserved college juniors who come from a low-income family but have the academic potential to achieve a college education.
The need-based scholarships are basically aimed to help closing the gap between a student’s EFC and COA, and the Dell Scholarship is not an exception.
Scholarship Award and Internship Opportunity
The UNCF/Dell Corporate Scholars Program will provide scholarships up to $4,500 and all the grantees will be considered for internship opportunities at Dell based on their eligibility, merit, and performance. The internship is a 10-week paid internship in summer 2017 and the internees will work at the Dell HQ in Round Rock, TX.
The UNCF/Dell Corporate Scholars Program warrants the applicants to fulfill some eligibility requirements:
- Students must have financial needs verified by their academic institution.
- All applicants must be the citizens of the United States or have an immigration residency status that makes them qualified for federal financial aid.
- Applicants must enroll full time at a 4-year program in a US located institution. No home-schooled or General Education Diploma (GED) student will be eligible for this program.
- Students must belong to an ethnic minority group – African American/Black, Hispanic American, Asian Pacific Islander American, and American Indian/Alaska Native.
- Applicants must have an academic focus or major in one of the following subjects: Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Supply Chain Management & Logistics, Computer Science/MIS, Information Management Systems, Computer Science, and Information Technology.
- Applicants must possess a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0.
How to Apply for the Dell Scholarship
The application process for the 2017-2018 session opens at July 1, 2016, at 12:00AM EST and closes at August 28, 2016, at 11:59PM EST.
Visit the application page here: https://scholarships.uncf.org/Program/Details/27e1c806-66c5-4106-821d-3b35ebf46d33
For more scholarship opportunities visit our HBCU Scholarships page.
Dell Corporation offers excellent career opportunities to the deserving candidate and rewards their talent and insight by letting them flourish in a global platform.